Thursday, August 27, 2009

How to Access Free Yahoo! Mail with Windows Live Mail

I just got my windows live mail setup and I found that I couldn’t pop my yahoo mail unless I was a corporate subscriber. I was very sad and cried for a while. The oracle came by and showed me a little trick that could help. I'm still trying it so if it doesn’t work please bare with me and the "oracle"

To set up a free Yahoo! Mail account in Windows Live Mail you have to download and setup YPOPs!
> You can download YPOPs! from here!

To set up a free Yahoo! Mail account in Windows Live Mail using YPOPs!:
1. Install YPOPs! and make sure it is running.

2. Select Tools | Accounts... from the menu in Windows Live Mail.

3. Click Add....

4. Make sure E-mail Account is highlighted.

5. Click Next.

6. Type your Yahoo! Mail address under E-mail address:

7. Enter your Yahoo! Mail password under Password:

8. Type your name under Display Name:

9. Make sure Manually configure server settings for e-mail account is checked.

10. Click Next.

11. Make sure POP3 is selected under My incoming mail server is a ___ server..

12. Enter "localhost" (not including the quotation marks) under Incoming server:
If "localhost" turns out not to work, try "127.0.0.1" instead.

13. Check your Yahoo! Mail user name (your Yahoo! Mail address minus
"@yahoo.com") is entered under Login ID.

14. Type "localhost" under Outgoing server:

15. Click Next.

16. Now click Finish.

17. Click Close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://crystalguo.vox.com/library/post/how-does-the-r4i-or-r4-work.html]R4i[/url] DS QDos)