Friday, March 19, 2010

Blackberry Storm 9530 5.0 Theme Fix

I have a storm but its not my primary Blackberry and I had no intention of upgrading until I got some verifiable reports that the upgrade was solid. Now that it has effected themes specifically I figured I needed to do a little reading aka googling

I upgraded my Storm 9530 to the OFFICIAL and was promptly greeted by the ugly wallpaper bug. As reported the fix does work but I will break it down for you step by step.

First and foremost this fix does work but it has to be done each time you change your theme or your wallpaper.

Step 1. Change to the theme you would like to use.

Step 2. Change your wallpaper to a new wallpaper of your choice(I will be posting some wallpapers for premium members so that you can basically change your wallpaper to the stock theme wallpaper)

Step 3. After changing your wallpaper, navigate to options, then to Themes. You will notice a blue box next to your active theme. Tap on the box and you will be taken to an options screen.

Step 4. Once you open the theme options change it from 2 rows to 1 row. It will ask you to save. Go ahead and save it but do not back out of the screen. After you save change it back to 2 rows and save again.

Your theme should now operate as normally intended. This may seem a bit complicated but once you do it, I’m sure you will understand. Any questions feel free to let me know.

credits to “http://www.blackberrythemepark.com”

No comments: